Reading formula with ParseExcel

Bijitendra Mittra

Feb 27, 2012, 6:32:01 AM2/27/12
to Spreadsheet::ParseExcel
Hi,

Is there any plan to support reading formula from a cell rather than
it's final value? This will help me in rewriting XLS files in which
there are columns which contain both formula and user inputs (after
deleting the formula).

Thanks in advance,
Bijit

jmcnamara

Mar 1, 2012, 8:24:33 PM3/1/12
to spreadsheet...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, February 27, 2012 11:32:01 AM UTC, Bijitendra Mittra wrote:
Hi,

Is there any plan to support reading formula from a cell rather than
it's final value? This will help me in rewriting XLS files in which
there are columns which contain both formula and user inputs (after
deleting the formula).

Hi,

It is planned but it is non-trivial (it required the formula do be deparsed from binary RPN to the string representation) so it probably won't happen in the short term.

Regards,

John.
--

Thanks in advance,