parsing images

jbiskofski

Jun 6, 2012, 5:06:19 PM6/6/12
to Spreadsheet::ParseExcel
I'm trying to add some functionality to
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser so that it preserves images in the
original excel template.

After a little poking around I found that the problem comes from
ParseExcel which ignores attached images.

I've gotten the point where I can recreate the original image from the
excel file but I have no idea how to place it. I see some references
in the source code to a "Develpers' Kit", does somebody know where I
can get this Developers Kit ?

Also if you have any hints or suggestions about this subject please
let me know, this is the first time Ive ever had to dig into the excel
file format.

Thanks!

- Jose from Mexico
www.algebraix.com

jmcnamara

Jul 12, 2012, 3:38:46 PM7/12/12
to Spreadsheet::ParseExcel
Hi,

Sorry for leaving this unanswered for so long.

If you have managed to parse out the images from the Excel file that
you should be able to add them back using the insert_image() function
of the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel worksheet objects created by
SaveParser.

See the following for some links to information about the Excel file
format:

http://search.cpan.org/~jmcnamara/Spreadsheet-WriteExcel/lib/Spreadsheet/WriteExcel.pm#THE_EXCEL_BINARY_FORMAT

Regards,

John.