Cell Handler skips the last row while parsing the excel files

nv

Jul 22, 2014, 2:30:34 AM7/22/14
to spreadsheet...@googlegroups.com

      Hi,

      I'm converting Excel(.xls, .xlsx) files to .csv files. Since a single file contains around 10k lines so on calling parse in the below code:

      my $parser = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel->new(); my $Book = $parser->parse($in_file);

      memory out of bound error comes on command prompt, but I figured out to resolve this using cell_handler. But for few excel files cell handler skips the last row of the excel files which contain tables. After doing some R&D I found out that after adding a row in the end of file resolves the problem. In order to make it work I have to append a new row in the end. I don't want to use OLE as on our production system MS Office will not be installed. So kindly suggest me something. The version of Excel files I'm working on is Microsoft Office Standard 2010. They might be of older version also as we get these excel files from some other resources which can not be controlled by us. In case I missed to mention something kindly point out. I will be very thankful... I'm so stuck here.

      Thanks