Java Interface

Sebastian Mayer

Jun 18, 2011, 7:45:02 AM6/18/11
to SpoVNet
Hello everyone,

we'd be interested in using Java for our project if possible. The
ariba website mentions a "Java Interface for Ariba", but there doesn't
seem to be any further documentation. Is this java interface actually
usable? What about interfaces for the other spovnet services (mcpo,
eonson, ...)?

Greetings
Sebastian

Huebby

Jun 18, 2011, 8:42:20 AM6/18/11
to SpoVNet
Hi Sebastian,

indeed some work has been done concerning a JAVA interface for ariba
access.
Unfortunately, I believe that it's not in a (testing) state to be
released for official use. Also, no service access (mcpo, eonson) has
been focused while working on it, yet.
Since one of my colleagues was more involved with the issue, he will
be coming back to the topic here as soon as he's around on monday, I'm
pretty sure.

Kind regards,
Christian

Christoph Mayer

Jun 20, 2011, 3:23:01 AM6/20/11
to SpoVNet
Hi,

> indeed some work has been done concerning a JAVA interface for ariba
> access.
> Unfortunately, I believe that it's not in a (testing) state to be
> released for official use. Also, no service access (mcpo, eonson) has
> been focused while working on it, yet.

yes this is correct. We have tried building a Java interface using
JNI, but never got to a stable state.

Cheers,
Christoph