Contest Submission Deadline Extension

11 views
Skip to first unread message

SpoVNet Contest

unread,
Aug 8, 2011, 9:40:20 AM8/8/11
to spo...@googlegroups.com
Dear contest participants,

today we announce an extension of the final submission deadline. The
date for the final submission is now on

*** August 22th, 2011, 11:59pm UTC ***

This reflects the delayed start of the contest which was also
moved by one week. We hope that you can make use of the additional
time by polishing your application or by resolving last bugs and
errors. Respectively, the notification deadline has been extended
to

*** September 7th, 2011 ***

If you would get any trouble with this deadline concerning a visa,
or anything else, please let us know.

Please remember to include both a README file and a user
documentation in your submission (see our mail from July 28th for
more details). We wish you best luck for the finish of the
programming contest and are looking forward to test your
applications.

Best regards,
The SpoVNet Team

Gonzalo Huerta

unread,
Aug 22, 2011, 8:16:15 PM8/22/11
to spo...@googlegroups.com
Dear all:
Can we have one more day?
Things are implemented but not working at all!!!
Debug is not our strength ^^

I am not saying that things will work after one day for sure, but if possible I will appreciate it.

Thanks, 
--Gonzalo

SpoVNet Contest

unread,
Aug 23, 2011, 5:01:05 AM8/23/11
to spo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can have an additional day. However,
we need to inform the jury to be fair
with the other competitors which
submitted by the deadline.

Best regards
The SpoVNet-Team

Gonzalo Huerta

unread,
Aug 23, 2011, 8:36:30 PM8/23/11
to spo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am sorry to say but we could not make mcpo communication work among android devices.
Maybe it is some restriction on these devices, I do not know.
Anyway, since that was the main part of our scenario I have to withdraw from the competition, but I will upload the code anyways during the weekend, since maybe it will be useful ^^

Thanks for everything!

--Gonzalo

Christoph Mayer

unread,
Aug 24, 2011, 3:41:05 AM8/24/11
to SpoVNet
Hi, you are correct, MCPO does not compile for android out of the box,
so its not your fault. I got it to compile as follows:

Extending http://ariba-underlay.org/wiki/Documentation/Android:

mkdir ariba-android
cd ariba-android
svn co https://i72projekte.tm.uka.de/SpoVNet-KA/entwicklung/ariba/trunk/
./ariba
svn co https://svn.tm.kit.edu/SpoVNet-KA/entwicklung/mcpo/trunk ./mcpo
***!!!!! perform small adaptations to mcpo files see below !!!!***
svn co https://i72projekte.tm.uka.de/SpoVNet-KA/entwicklung/tools/android
./toolchain
cd toolchain
./get-ndk.sh
cd ../ariba
./bootstrap
../toolchain/bootstrap_ariba_libs
../toolchain/make_ariba
cd ../mcpo
./bootstrap
../toolchain/make_mcpo

So, now to the adaptations:
1) change mcpo/m4/ax_ariba.m4
Line 26 is
LIBS="$LIBS -lariba"
change this to
LIBS="$LIBS -lariba -lboost_system -lboost_thread -lgmp"

2) Create in toolchain/ a file make_mcpo, copy it from file
make_ariba. Change line 35 to
export PREFIX=`cd ../ariba/build; pwd`


Please report back if it compiles this way! If it does you should ask
con...@spovnet.de for a further small extension.

Best,
Christoph




On 24 Aug., 02:36, Gonzalo Huerta <gonzalo.hue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am sorry to say but we could not make mcpo communication work among
> android devices.
> Maybe it is some restriction on these devices, I do not know.
> Anyway, since that was the main part of our scenario I have to withdraw from
> the competition, but I will upload the code anyways during the weekend,
> since maybe it will be useful ^^
>
> Thanks for everything!
>
> --Gonzalo
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM, SpoVNet Contest <cont...@spovnet.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > You can have an additional day. However,
> > we need to inform the jury to be fair
> > with the other competitors which
> > submitted by the deadline.
>
> > Best regards
> > The SpoVNet-Team
>
> > Am 23.08.2011 02:16, schrieb Gonzalo Huerta:
>
> >  Dear all:
> >> Can we have one more day?
> >> Things are implemented but not working at all!!!
> >> Debug is not our strength ^^
>
> >> I am not saying that things will work after one day for sure, but if
> >> possible I will appreciate it.
>
> >> Thanks,
> >> --Gonzalo
>
> >> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:40 PM, SpoVNet Contest<cont...@spovnet.de>

Gonzalo Huerta

unread,
Aug 24, 2011, 4:14:04 AM8/24/11
to spo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christoph:
I compiled it for Android before with no problem (actually I just modified the ariba for android script and worked beautifully... I even compiled the other modules, and modified VLC for android to accept mcpo as one protocol ^^)
The problem is that I cannot see the messages sent using mcpo between android phones.
As I said, I will continue to work on this and try to submit everything during the weekend, but I think that for the contest is better to just desist, to be fair with all the other participants.
Thanks for the mail though

Regards,
--Gonzalo

Christoph Mayer

unread,
Aug 24, 2011, 4:48:57 AM8/24/11
to SpoVNet
Hi, can you give us more information on the problem. Are you using the
Ariba VLC Plugin? http://ariba-underlay.org/wiki/Documentation/VLC

Does the Ariba pingpong work? Does the MCPO mcpopingpong work?

Best,
Chris

On 24 Aug., 10:14, Gonzalo Huerta <gonzalo.hue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Christoph:
> I compiled it for Android before with no problem (actually I just modified
> the ariba for android script and worked beautifully... I even compiled the
> other modules, and modified VLC for android to accept mcpo as one protocol
> ^^)
> The problem is that I cannot see the messages sent using mcpo between
> android phones.
> As I said, I will continue to work on this and try to submit everything
> during the weekend, but I think that for the contest is better to just
> desist, to be fair with all the other participants.
> Thanks for the mail though
>
> Regards,
> --Gonzalo
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Christoph Mayer <ma...@kit.edu> wrote:
> > Hi, you are correct, MCPO does not compile for android out of the box,
> > so its not your fault. I got it to compile as follows:
>
> > Extendinghttp://ariba-underlay.org/wiki/Documentation/Android:
>
> > mkdir ariba-android
> > cd ariba-android
> > svn cohttps://i72projekte.tm.uka.de/SpoVNet-KA/entwicklung/ariba/trunk/
> > ./ariba
> > svn cohttps://svn.tm.kit.edu/SpoVNet-KA/entwicklung/mcpo/trunk./mcpo
> > ***!!!!! perform small adaptations to mcpo files see below !!!!***
> > svn cohttps://i72projekte.tm.uka.de/SpoVNet-KA/entwicklung/tools/android
> > ./toolchain
> > cd toolchain
> > ./get-ndk.sh
> > cd ../ariba
> > ./bootstrap
> > ../toolchain/bootstrap_ariba_libs
> > ../toolchain/make_ariba
> > cd ../mcpo
> > ./bootstrap
> > ../toolchain/make_mcpo
>
> > So, now to the adaptations:
> > 1) change mcpo/m4/ax_ariba.m4
> > Line 26 is
> >  LIBS="$LIBS -lariba"
> > change this to
> >  LIBS="$LIBS -lariba -lboost_system -lboost_thread -lgmp"
>
> > 2) Create in toolchain/ a file make_mcpo, copy it from file
> > make_ariba. Change line 35 to
> >  export PREFIX=`cd ../ariba/build; pwd`
>
> > Please report back if it compiles this way! If it does you should ask
> > cont...@spovnet.de for a further small extension.

Christoph Mayer

unread,
Aug 24, 2011, 5:11:33 AM8/24/11
to SpoVNet
Gonzalo, in any way I would recommend you to submit your work to the
contest, even if its not finished, or does not work completely. Your
general idea and approach go as well into the final ranking as running
code.

Christoph

On 24 Aug., 10:14, Gonzalo Huerta <gonzalo.hue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Christoph:
> I compiled it for Android before with no problem (actually I just modified
> the ariba for android script and worked beautifully... I even compiled the
> other modules, and modified VLC for android to accept mcpo as one protocol
> ^^)
> The problem is that I cannot see the messages sent using mcpo between
> android phones.
> As I said, I will continue to work on this and try to submit everything
> during the weekend, but I think that for the contest is better to just
> desist, to be fair with all the other participants.
> Thanks for the mail though
>
> Regards,
> --Gonzalo
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Christoph Mayer <ma...@kit.edu> wrote:
> > Hi, you are correct, MCPO does not compile for android out of the box,
> > so its not your fault. I got it to compile as follows:
>
> > Extendinghttp://ariba-underlay.org/wiki/Documentation/Android:
>
> > mkdir ariba-android
> > cd ariba-android
> > ***!!!!! perform small adaptations to mcpo files see below !!!!***
> > svn cohttps://i72projekte.tm.uka.de/SpoVNet-KA/entwicklung/tools/android
> > ./toolchain
> > cd toolchain
> > ./get-ndk.sh
> > cd ../ariba
> > ./bootstrap
> > ../toolchain/bootstrap_ariba_libs
> > ../toolchain/make_ariba
> > cd ../mcpo
> > ./bootstrap
> > ../toolchain/make_mcpo
>
> > So, now to the adaptations:
> > 1) change mcpo/m4/ax_ariba.m4
> > Line 26 is
> >  LIBS="$LIBS -lariba"
> > change this to
> >  LIBS="$LIBS -lariba -lboost_system -lboost_thread -lgmp"
>
> > 2) Create in toolchain/ a file make_mcpo, copy it from file
> > make_ariba. Change line 35 to
> >  export PREFIX=`cd ../ariba/build; pwd`
>
> > Please report back if it compiles this way! If it does you should ask
> > cont...@spovnet.de for a further small extension.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages