Final Submission / Status

SpoVNet Contest

Jul 28, 2011, 3:40:54 AM7/28/11
to SpoVNet Google Group
Dear contest participants,

with a little over two weeks left the SpoVNet programming contest now
enters its final stage. Therefore, we want to give you some information
about the current state and the further procedure.

With only six teams left in the final stage of the contest we want to
encourage you to keep up your good work and submit your projects before
the submission deadline on August 15th. As all of the remaining teams
show an active development we expect an exciting finish of the contest.
So grab your computer, polish your applications and do not miss the
chance of winning up to 5.000€!

For the final submission we ask you to prepare some documentation on
both your code and your application in general. Along with a link to the
revision id of the final submission in your code repository you should
provide the following documents in your submission:

The first document should be a README file that tells us how to compile
and run your code. For the review process, we will be using the virtual
image we provided for the contest to run your application. Please
describe the steps that are necessary to get your application running in
this environment (e.g., what libraries are needed, etc.).

The second document is a user documentation that explains the
functionality of your application. In this document, which should
consist of approx. two pages, you can include screenshots and figures
that help to explain your application. Furthermore, you can describe
what was achieved in comparison to your initial proposal, or you can
also give us feedback about your experience with the SpoVNet code in
general.

Please send in your submission via E-Mail to con...@spovnet.de before
the submission deadline on August 15th, 2011, 11:59pm UTC.

Again, best luck for the contest and we are looking forward to see your
results!

The SpoVNet-Team

omn...@mario.n-ten.de

Jul 29, 2011, 7:31:47 AM7/29/11
to SpoVNet
On 28 Jul., 09:40, SpoVNet Contest <cont...@spovnet.de> wrote:
> For the final submission we ask you to prepare some documentation on
> both your code and your application in general.

> The first document should be a README file that tells us how to compile
> and run your code. For the review process, we will be using the virtual
> image we provided for the contest to run your application. Please
> describe the steps that are necessary to get your application running in
> this environment (e.g., what libraries are needed, etc.).

So, should we write a documentation on the sourcecode itself or just
the readme about compilation?

Philip Mildner

Jul 29, 2011, 11:08:09 AM7/29/11
to spo...@googlegroups.com
The README document should be a separate (text) file. In it you should
tell us what steps are necessary to run your code (beginning from
library import, compilation instructions, etc.). If you have further
technical instructions on the execution environment you can include them
in the README, too.

Documentation of your source code is not mandatory, but of course it
will help us to understand your code.

Best regards,
Philip