Problem installing EONSON

Sebastian Mayer

Jul 28, 2011, 9:56:58 AM7/28/11
to SpoVNet
Hi,

we can't get EONSON installed properly. After following the
installation instructions (http://ipvs.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/vs/
es/installation.shtml) and including eonson/Eonson.h we get this
compiler error:
"/usr/local/include/eonson/Eonson.h:42:35: fatal error: message/
PubsubMessage.h: file not found"

/usr/local/include/eonson contains some headers (including
PubsubMessage.h), but all in one folder, without any subfolders.
We aren't that familiar with linux, so this might be an awkward
question, but... what are we doing wrong?

omn...@mario.n-ten.de

Jul 29, 2011, 7:29:35 AM7/29/11
to SpoVNet
I had some problems myself installing ariba into "/usr/local/..."
under Ubuntu. You could try installing directly into "/usr/..."

Execute the configure script with the prefix option:
"./configure --prefix=/usr" (or "/usr/" - I'm not sure with the
trailing slash at the moment)

Hope this helps.

Best, Mario

Christoph Mayer

Jul 29, 2011, 7:52:31 AM7/29/11
to SpoVNet
Hi,

the project structure was somewhat wrong, I fixed it in the svn.
Remove your currently installed version (sudo rm -rf /usr/local/
include/eonson) and pull the version from svn: svn co
https://i72projekte.tm.uka.de/SpoVNet/trunk/development/trunk/spovnet/eonson/
which is public read.

Do ./bootstrap; ./configure; make; sudo make install
which should install a clean version according to the fixed structure.

When you #include <eonson/Eonson.h> you might need to additionally
give an -I/usr/local/include/eonson path to the compiler, e.g. in a
config.site, as include path.

Chris

Sebastian Mayer

Jul 29, 2011, 8:19:02 AM7/29/11
to SpoVNet
Thanks!
I was just about to post my own (worse) solution :)

The additional include path is indeed necessary.