Error when shutting down ariba

Jean-Baptiste

Aug 6, 2012, 4:13:10 AM8/6/12
to spo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a problem shutting down ariba when I'm using MCPO.

In my shutdown process I do:

mcpo->shutdown()
node->leave()
node->unbind(this)
node->unbind(mcpo, ariba::utility::ServiceID(serviceid))
delete mcpo
ariba->registerSideportListener(NULL)
ariba->stop()
delete node
delete ariba

Sometimes the application crashes when it leaves and MCPO does maintenance. The node has left and MCPO wants to broadcast a message for maintenance but doesn't find the node anymore.

If I delete mcpo before node->leave() I get a segfault in node::leave when BaseOverlay::dropLink.

Thanks for your help,
Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Baptiste

Aug 6, 2012, 8:12:29 AM8/6/12
to spo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I may have found the problem.
In the MCPO library:
mcpo->shutdown() calls for gracefulLeave(0)

and delete mcpo stops all the timers.

I think the timers should be stop in shutdown after gracefulLeave(0). Therefore when we call node->leave(), the mcpo heartbeat and maintenance are stopped and won't generate a segfault.

Let me know if that's correct or if I misunderstood the process of MCPO.

Thanks,
JB