Change in Schedule for the June Spotlight Community Meeting

Michael Bolton

Jun 10, 2020, 12:31:09 PM6/10/20
to spotlight...@googlegroups.com
Hello Spotlight Community,

I do hope you are well.

It seems we have all been overwhelmed with activities at our Libraries and we have not been able to put together the program for this month's Spotlight Service Community call.  I do apologize for that.  I think most of us have been heads down with activities centered on re-opening or managing getting more content online.  We are not cancelling the IIIF meeting but we do need to postpone it for a bit while we work out the details of the program.  Our topic will be centered on IIIF processing for Spotlight so if you have questions or can do a presentation on your work with IIIF, please post it here or in the Slack channel.  We can add it to the program.

So, we will not have a community call this Friday, June 12, 2020.

We are still on schedule for the July 10, 2020 call and I believe we will have a couple of exhibit and/or collection demonstrations.  We will be working on that agenda over the next few weeks.  If you are ready to demo your site, please let us know.  Or, if you have a good topic for discussion and want to share it with the community, send it along so we can get it on the agenda.

In the meantime, please checkout the work Vaness Venti has been doing on Virtual Spotlight Training.  She has been posting in the Slack Channel and would appreciate your comments, suggestions and your updates.  It is a timely topic given how many people are working remotely these days.

Thanks and be safe out there.

Michael W. Bolton  |  Assistant Dean, Digital Initiatives
Sterling C. Evans Library  |  Texas A&M University
5000 TAMU  |  College Station, TX  77843-5000