Next community call now on 9 April; new Spotlight release upcoming

Catherine A. Aster

Mar 8, 2021, 12:48:39 PM3/8/21
to spotlight...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

Our next Spotlight service community call will be on 9 April, at the usual time: 11 am PT / 12 pm MT / 1 pm CT / 2 pm ET.

We need volunteers for demos. Please consider asking the curator of a published exhibit to join our friendly group and talk about the creation of their exhibit, what their challenges and successes were, and why it matters to them and the constituencies they serve. We have some great examples in our Youtube playlist, but we need more. Drop us a note via email, or in the code4lib #spotlight-service slack channel.

We have some exciting news from Stanford! We are currently working on Spotlight and there will be a new 3.0 release around the end of March.
  • The new release will include Browse groups, as demo'd during the February community call. Please feel free to repurpose our documentation for your own needs when 3.0 is released.
  • We're working on a complex new feature set, which has been designated as the highest priority request amongst our exhibit creators.
    • The feature set is called “bulk actions/bulk updates”. Bulk actions will provide exhibit creators with the ability to perform the following actions on a group of exhibit items that they’ve identified as a search result: add tags, delete tags, and mark item visibility as private/public. Bulk updates will provide exhibit creators with the ability to perform the following actions on a group of exhibit items using a csv upload of the identifiers for these items: add tags, delete tags, and mark item visibility as private/public.
To be clear, we're skipping our community call slot for this Friday, due to various scheduling constraints.

We look forward to seeing everyone during our April call.

Best regards,
Cathy

Cathy Aster
She/her/hers
Services Manager
DLSS Liaison to SERG, Preservation, Map Projects & GIS

Venti, Vanessa

Apr 2, 2021, 4:31:09 PM4/2/21
to spotlight...@googlegroups.com
Hello Spotlight Community,

Friendly reminder that we are still looking for demos and discussion topics for our community next Friday, April 9th. Also, there is a slight programming change where Stanford will be demoing Spotlight 3.0 during our May call, so our April call agenda is currently wide open. Drop us a note via email, or in the code4lib #spotlight-service slack channel.

Best,
Vanessa

VANESSA VENTI
Library Analyst for Stewardship of Digital Assets
Digital Strategies and Innovations
Harvard Library

617-495-1285 | vaness...@harvard.edu | CURIOSity Digital Collections ➜