Deleting an item from an exhibit

HIGGINS, RICHARD I.

Aug 26, 2021, 3:49:57 PM8/26/21
to spotlight...@googlegroups.com
Hello:
Now we have got as far as setting up a test version of Spotlight I have a question that is very relevant when you are getting started. How do you delete an item from a Spotlight exhibit? I can see how to delete an entire exhibit, but not an item. Am I missing something obvious?
Thank you
Richard
--
# Richard Higgins
# E-Mail: r.i.h...@durham.ac.uk

Catherine A. Aster

Aug 26, 2021, 6:16:09 PM8/26/21
to r.i.h...@durham.ac.uk, spotlight...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

It is good to see your question and hear of your interest in Spotlight. This email list was created to help the Spotlight service & collections community have dialog where necessary (it is generally not used by Spotlight developers).

For Spotlight at Stanford, by design we are not able to delete an item that has been added to an exhibit, although it is possible to make items private (individually or in bulk). This is by design, in large part because often items are in multiple exhibits (in some cases, up to ~25 exhibits!) - and we currently have 124 published exhibits: https://exhibits.stanford.edu/. I believe this is how Spotlight core code also works, but the #blacklight channel can validate this.

For questions such as your which will likely benefit from developer input, we strongly recommend using the code4lib #blacklight slack channel.

Here is some information about how to best connect with the community in general:

Kind regards,
Cathy

Cathy Aster | Services Manager
DLSS Liaison to SERG, Preservation, Map Projects & GIS
pronouns: she/her/hers
working remote @San Francisco, CA | soon @Portland, OR