Q: Backup/snapshot/suspend/stop available?

Adam Bradley

Aug 10, 2011, 2:48:55 AM8/10/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Wondering if any of the capabilities I usually associate with an IAAS provider are available.
- Backup (take an full backup of the image - happy to pay for storage)
- Snapshot. Take point in time backup(s) of the (running) image and allow for the recovery to a nominated snapshot or the previous snapshot
- Suspend/Stop. Stop the running image to avoid consumption of compute time

Additionally
- What are the disk size limits/recommendations for VMs?
- Does each VM have a routable IP address?
- Is is possible to communicate directly between VMs?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Adam

Adam Boduch

Aug 10, 2011, 6:27:04 AM8/10/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

SpotCloud doesn't support backups or snapshots at this time. Nor does
it support suspend/stop. The reason being - SpotCloud is just a
marketplace for running instances. We intentionally don't provide
typical IAAS features in an effort to present the buyer with the best
possible price.

The disk size for a VM cannot exceed 2GB. Each VM does get a routable
IP address (it will failt to start if it doesn't acquire one). Yes, it
is possible to communicate directly between VMs.

Hope this helps,

Adam