How does this work?

Ruok2bu

Apr 28, 2011, 4:34:50 PM4/28/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
I have a vBulletin forum on a dedicated web server (it has an SQL server too).  How would i set up vBulletin and MySQL to work with cloud servers?  Does it use a master/slave MySQL structure?  What about load balancing.  I would like to keep using my Web Server, but when there are peak times, be able to use the cloud to handle the load.

Pat Wendorf

Apr 28, 2011, 8:21:17 PM4/28/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jordan,

The best way to get started with spotcloud is to try out one of the
public images. They will allow you to install software and test out
your specific application. The VM's will act as regular servers, so
you should be able to setup MySQL Master/Slave across 2 spotcloud VM's
using the standard replication process.

Best regards,
Pat Wendorf

Ruok2bu

Apr 29, 2011, 2:45:43 AM4/29/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
I want to use my existing dedicated web server's MySQL server as the master and any SpotCloud VMs as the slaves.  Is this possible?

Pat Wendorf

Apr 29, 2011, 11:13:46 AM4/29/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
This is entirely possible, as all spotcloud VM's have public IP's.
You can setup replication between a new Spotcloud VM and your existing
physical server.