Internal Server Error when trying to view running instances

figroll

Dec 7, 2011, 4:43:05 AM12/7/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Anyone able to assist with the following error when trying to view running instances from

Thanks,

figroll

Adam Boduch

Dec 7, 2011, 6:33:13 AM12/7/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just took a look at that page and everything seems to be working fine.  Can you let me know if you continue to experience errors and I'll dig deeper into the logs?

Thanks,

Adam

figroll

Dec 7, 2011, 7:01:33 AM12/7/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for looking into the issue, I have tried and still the same issue. I have also tried on other machine's logging into my account. Just so you are aware I have just been running Ubuntu 10.10 OS. Early this morning I set it off to create 1 x Spotcloud Webadmin appliance on new instance. Everything has been fine up until them.

Adam Boduch

Dec 7, 2011, 7:32:30 AM12/7/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I see the issue in the logs now. I will work on getting this sorted out
for you. Thanks for the report.

Adam

figroll

Dec 7, 2011, 7:50:52 AM12/7/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much for quick response, appreciated.

Robin Henniges

Dec 7, 2011, 2:48:41 PM12/7/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
I thought it was my fault ;)
...was working on this for hours.
Good that you report it!

Thanks to you Adam for fixing this, let me know if you got it!

Adam Boduch

Dec 7, 2011, 3:22:07 PM12/7/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
OK, I've deployed a few patches that should resolve these issues on the running instances and the instance details page.

Please let me know if the problem persists, or if it's actually been fixed for everyone.

Adam

Robin Henniges

Dec 7, 2011, 5:22:53 PM12/7/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry got still the same error. I just tested it, also with the standard code from your API PDF.
But let us wait for figroll answer... :)

Adam Boduch

Dec 8, 2011, 7:22:23 AM12/8/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
My latest update appears to have resolved the UI issues.  I'm now going to investigate the API.

critak

Dec 14, 2011, 5:59:38 PM12/14/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

can you give us a update of your fixing status ;)

thanks

Adam Boduch

Dec 14, 2011, 8:47:16 PM12/14/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This issue should be resolved.  Please provide me with some more details if it isn't.

Thanks,

Adam

critak

Dec 15, 2011, 5:23:05 PM12/15/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Mhh... i still can't start instances by using the RESTful API. Did you change the API Version ?
My Code was working vor 2 month.

here the java code für instance creating:

private String sendQuery(Token token, String respType,String instanceType, String imageId) throws ConnectException {

HashMap<String,String> param = new HashMap<String,String>();

param.put("hardware", instanceType);

param.put("appliance", imageId);

OAuthRequest request = new OAuthRequest(Verb.POST, https://spotcloud.appspot.com/api/v1/buyer/instances/list + ((respType!="")?".":"") + respType);

methodThatAddsParamsToRequest(param, request);

try{
service.signRequest(token, request);
Response response=null;
response = request.send();
return response.getBody();
}catch (Exception e) {
  throw new ConnectException(e.getMessage());
}
}

I know java is not yours ;) but the code is pretty easy... maybe you find a mistake in the api url.

Adam Boduch

Dec 16, 2011, 10:18:35 AM12/16/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm.  This is different from the error we saw with the running instances page.  Is it an internal error you're seeing with the API, or something else?

critak

Dec 17, 2011, 11:23:09 AM12/17/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
I think its a processing problem in the API. But to become sure, you should test it! ... maybe with you python code.
Thank you Adam, I hope that this is not annoying to you. =)

critak

Dec 17, 2011, 11:51:37 AM12/17/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Its somthing with the POST (HTTP) ! All GET's are working fine but POST etc. doesn't work. Can't run and can't terminate via api.

Adam Boduch

Dec 17, 2011, 11:53:42 AM12/17/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The Python code works fine for me.

So, to help resolve your issue, please let me know know what the result of executing your code is.  For example, what is the server response code?

Thanks,

Adam

critak

Dec 17, 2011, 7:09:23 PM12/17/11
to spotclo...@googlegroups.com
I spend hours with this problem and got good new: ITS WORKING  !!!!
Problem was:
I use scribe-1.2.0 , yesterday scribe-1.3.0 was published, and thats working for me ;)

I was wondering because my code was working fine since the summer and nerver changed.

Thank you very much Adam !!!