schema.org core properties: baseball

Jason Johnson

Oct 28, 2013, 2:12:02 PM10/28/13
to sports-sch...@googlegroups.com
Posted on behalf of Alice.

I could have gone on forever creating statistics for baseball players, team standings, league standings and so on. Baseball fans are very meticulous about keeping track of everything. I finally compiled the most common statistics from several sources (mlb.com, Yahoo, Wikipedia, other sports sites) and pulled them into one model.

I liked how Vicki broke off the stats for golfers into its own class, so I followed that model for baseball players. I didn't follow that for Teams, and maybe that's not ideal.

I assumed that properties common to sports concepts like Game, Athlete, or Team could be inherited (weight, birthday, first drafted, date, etc.)

Statistics could be split further into batting and pitching.

Class: SportsPlayer

subClass: BaseballPlayer

property: positionPlayed [enumeration]

pitcher