Statistics

已查看 12 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Tom Grahame

未读,
2013年11月19日 04:15:332013/11/19
收件人 sports-sch...@googlegroups.com
I was unsure how to model the statistics class (my fault for not being at the appropriate meeting) so I've made two attempts:

A type hierarchy that I am not keen on due to the large number of classes this creates. The only advantage I can see with this approach is enabling a statistic to have more than one property, for example subScore with both period and score values.

Much more concise with statistics represented as properties as values. I much prefer this option.

I have only modelled soccer thus far as an illustration of the different approaches. Although I know how schema.org works in principle, I don't know it well enough to say how either approach would fit in to its model.

I'd really appreciate any help or opinion as to how to solve this.

Tom

Vicki Tardif Holland

未读,
2013年11月19日 15:14:392013/11/19
收件人 sports-sch...@googlegroups.com
I prefer the second, more concise schema. It may be easy to get wrapped around the axle trying to come up with all of the possible properties needed to describe every sport in full. I think we should focus on a basic, common set for the general description of a sporting event and then iterate to model each sport individually.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vta...@google.com

Jason Johnson

未读,
2013年11月20日 11:37:302013/11/20
收件人 sports-sch...@googlegroups.com
Agreed.  I think we should move forward with second approach.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子