The future of the Sportscience site and its owner

Will Hopkins

Jan 18, 2023, 4:08:20 PM1/18/23
to SportExSci

My part-time annual contract at Victoria University in Melbourne came to an end last year, following restructuring by a new vice chancellor. I am still actively doing research with colleagues and protégés in other parts of the world, which it would be easier to do with institutional support for software and access to journals. So I am open to offers for part-time employment on an annual basis.

I am also looking for an individual or group within an institution who could take over the Sportscience site. Aside from creating the html, the main challenge with running the site is generating "copy" (publishable articles and resources). Conference reports are apparently much appreciated and should continue. Possible new developments include extending the site to exercise generally and adding resources for machine learning. If interested, please email me.

I would have made this announcement on Twitter, but I deleted my account last year for what I think are good reasons. If any of you have followers of your research on Twitter or in other social media, I'd be grateful if you would consider posting a link to this message with a short explanation. Thanks. You can get the link by going to https://groups.google.com/g/sportexsci/, clicking on this message, then copying the link from the top of the browser window.

Will