reloading of scopes and callbacks

Karl

Apr 22, 2011, 7:12:38 PM4/22/11
to sporkgem
It seems to me that whenever i change a callback or a scope on an
active record model, spork does not reload these changes. Is this a
known issue with spork or could their be something wrong with my env?

I am using

spork '0.9.0.rc3'
rails 3
ruby 1.9.2

Thanks!

Tim Harper

Apr 23, 2011, 12:42:44 PM4/23/11
to spor...@googlegroups.com
Not a known issue, but likely because your models are getting preloaded.

Karl Baum

Apr 23, 2011, 1:34:28 PM4/23/11
to spor...@googlegroups.com
I have actually added these models to the each_fork block though and i see other changes do take place.  Could it be because in these specific examples i was removing callbacks and scopes?  I imagine it would be more difficult for  spork to reload these types of changes.

Thanks!

Jo Liss

Apr 24, 2011, 7:33:16 PM4/24/11
to spor...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Karl Baum <karl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have actually added these models to the each_fork block though and i see
> other changes do take place.

I don't have any ideas on your specific issue, but you could check if
they are accidentally getting loaded earlier by taking a look at the
output of spork --diagnose.

(It does sound like something is going wrong, for what it's worth. I
have been able to edit my models without having to reload spork.)

Jo

--
Jo Liss
http://opinionated-programmer.com/