Spork and aliased helper method in Rails application

Nebojša Stričević

Feb 21, 2012, 10:20:59 AM2/21/12
to sporkgem
I have problem with Spork (v 1.0.0rc1) and Devise in my Rails
application. I have this error when I run spork:

undefined method 'user_signed_in?' for class ApplicationController

In ApplicationController I have following lines:

alias logged_in? user_signed_in?
helper_method :logged_in?

When I remove these two lines, Spork works fine. I use logged_in? for
historical reasons in views and I would like to continue to do so.

I have looked around and I couldn't find anything helpful.

Does anyone has a fix for this? Or is it a bug?

Nebojsa