Sporkifying RSpec and Cucumber from an application template

jhc

Oct 1, 2010, 10:02:19 PM10/1/10
to sporkgem
I always use RSpec and Cucumber, and I like to use Spork with them as
well. And lately I've been playing around with Rails application
templates, which are also very nice as I'm coming to have a standard
set of plugins and gems that I like to use.

However, since spork --bootstrap only adds empty prefork and each_run
blocks to spec/spec_helper.rb and doesn't modify features/support/
env.rb at all, it doesn't really get the job done from a template.

I thought of two options: edit those files manually after creating a
Rails application, or create templates for those two files as they
appear once everything is set up. The first option defeats the
purpose of putting it in the template and the second seems fragile in
the case that Cucumber or RSpec initialization files ever change,
which I suppose they do from time to time.

Does anyone else have any ideas on this front?