Spork server crashes when connecting with client

bob

Feb 19, 2010, 8:30:45 PM2/19/10
to sporkgem
Hi,

I am running spork on a rails app, the server starts fine,

Spork is ready and listening on 8989!

but when I run either "rake spec" or "rake cucumber" the server
crashes with the follow error:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/
1.8/drb/drb.rb:736:in `open': druby://localhost:51109 -
#<Errno::ECONNREFUSED: Connection refused - connect(2)>
(DRb::DRbConnError)

I am running the spork 0.7.5 gem with the stock /usr/bin/ruby 1.8.7 on
Snow Leopard.

Does anyone know what might be problem?

Thanks!

Bob

Tim Harper

Feb 20, 2010, 12:47:28 PM2/20/10
to spor...@googlegroups.com
that is awfully strange.  it appears that it's having problems establishing the connection back to the client to send output. I wonder if you might have a firewall or something? (Seems strange that a firewall would prevent that, but that's where I would check first). Also, are you running the iPhone simulator? That always causes a slew of weird problems, you never know.

B W

Feb 20, 2010, 8:27:29 PM2/20/10
to spor...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I whitelisted the spork script in my firewall and it worked!
That *is* pretty strange.

Thanks for pointing it out, it would've been the last place for me to try.

Tim Harper

Feb 21, 2010, 1:18:03 AM2/21/10
to spor...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM, B W <paper...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, I whitelisted the spork script in my firewall and it worked!
That *is* pretty strange.

Thanks for pointing it out, it would've been the last place for me to try.

Awesome man!  Glad that was it.