Spork writing spec.opts with command line args

Ashley Moran

Apr 13, 2010, 4:51:54 AM4/13/10
to spor...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm having to work on a Rails 2.3 project for a bit. I've got Spork working, but it keeps doing this:

% spork rspec
Using RSpec
Preloading Rails environment

*** Options written to spec/spec.opts. You can now use these options with:
spec --options spec/spec.opts
Spork is ready and listening on 8989!

Which then means my spec.opts file reads "rspec". RSpec then can't start because this isn't a valid option.

I don't understand why Spork is doing this. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran

Tim Harper

Apr 13, 2010, 10:53:45 AM4/13/10
to spor...@googlegroups.com

Hmm, I suspect its something deep in the rspec code. You might need to find where thaty message is being generated, and then stick a breakpoint there, and figure out which conditions get it there.

If you can't figure it out, let me know how to reproduce it and I can take a stab.

Thanks,

Tim

Ashley Moran

Apr 14, 2010, 5:29:59 AM4/14/10
to spor...@googlegroups.com

On Apr 13, 2010, at 3:53 pm, Tim Harper wrote:

> Hmm, I suspect its something deep in the rspec code. You might need to find where thaty message is being generated, and then stick a breakpoint there, and figure out which conditions get it there.
>
> If you can't figure it out, let me know how to reproduce it and I can take a stab.

Thanks Tim

I'm not worried about it immediately, as I can run sport with no arguments. If it comes up again I'll investigate further.

Cheers
Ash