Numbers in Answers

Malo_Polska

Aug 21, 2014, 12:47:07 PM8/21/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to create a quiz in which some of the answers are numeric (i.e. the answer is 1).  When I playtest the quiz, Sporcle does not accept the number answer until I press a space.  I.e. I have to type 1 and the hit the space bar. If I just type 1, it does not accept the answer.  Have other people had this problem?  Is there some special way numbers need to be entered in the answer column?

Thanks for any help.

geshmonkey

Aug 21, 2014, 12:51:24 PM8/21/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Nope, nothing special, you just have to make sure the " Accept Single Character Answers " box in the options tab is ticked.

Malo_Polska

Aug 21, 2014, 12:55:39 PM8/21/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Ah... There in lay the problem.  Thanks so much.

DesertSpartan

Aug 23, 2014, 4:15:48 PM8/23/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Don't forget that the single character box also applies to quizzes with just one letter.  Two other points, please post a link to your finished quiz in this thread so we may check it out.  Also, I am not sure of the nature of your quiz, but on such quizzes, I usually accept both alpha and numeric so either "1" or "one".  Of course, there are times when only alpha or numeric make sense.