How do you format a Match Em Up Blitz quiz?

Aimz

Mar 29, 2014, 3:05:48 PM3/29/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi there. I'm new to creating quizzes and just learning the ropes. I love Match Em Up Blitzes, so I created a Match Em Up Blitz quiz with the theme of Game Shows. It works as-is, but I am having some trouble getting it to resemble the other blitz quizzes made by betraisefold (http://www.sporcle.com/games/betraisefold/_quick_-dont_waste_time_reading_this) and druhutch (http://www.sporcle.com/games/druhutch/just-a-big-word-for-books)

http://www.sporcle.com/games/aseligstein/match-em-up-blitz---game-shows

1) How do I hide the rows until working on that particular set of matches?
2) How get the scoring to match that of the other quizzes? It looks as if the only answers that count toward the total are the first The game I made works and can be played as-is, but it doesn't look exactly like the match em up blitzes.
3) How do I prevent the correct answers from showing at the end of the quiz without forcing the answers in order?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message has been deleted

Bazmerelda

Mar 29, 2014, 9:44:23 PM3/29/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
First of all, you should turn off 'Force answers in order' on your Game Options tab as it is breaking the quiz at the moment - I can't attempt to answer any of the questions in the bottom columns, because the quiz is forcing me to answer cell 1, for which I have no information at the beginning of the quiz.

betraisefold and druhutch have used bonus answers to create all of the effects you are looking for. Type ee in the Extra Info column for all of your answers. Only the column headings are left with blank Extra Info columns, and these are the cells which will count as correct answers at the end of the quiz. The rest of the data will all remain hidden.

Just make sure all of your bonus answers are positioned at the bottom of the data page, with all of the column headings at the top of the page, or the quiz results page will break.

Aimee Seligstein

Mar 29, 2014, 10:38:29 PM3/29/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to you both! I was able to get the quiz up and running. One little snafu is still happening in the second to last grouping, but I'm taking a break from staring at it.

Aimz

Mar 29, 2014, 10:54:10 PM3/29/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Found my mistake. Game should be running smoothly now. Thanks again!!