Grouped Answers

Matt Wurzburger

Jul 15, 2014, 11:56:51 PM7/15/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Without giving away too much info I am making a quiz on the Open Championship venues, so I need to group my answers together in different columns. To give a more concrete example: say I need 15 blanks under the heading "St. Andrews" and 11 under "Royal Liverpool." How do I go about creating different columns with different headings for each of the 14 courses that have hosted an Open?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

metashades

Jul 16, 2014, 12:04:31 AM7/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
At the bottom of the Style page, click 'Group Answers With the Same Hint"

Then on your data page, put the exact same words as the Hint for each answer you want to show up in that column. The Hint will then be shown as the Header for the column.

For instance:

St. Andrews      Answer A
St. Andrews      Answer B
St. Andrews      Answer C

Matt Wurzburger

Jul 16, 2014, 12:05:47 AM7/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Disregard the original message to disregard. I don't really understand what the FAQ is telling me to do.

Matt Wurzburger

Jul 16, 2014, 12:07:18 AM7/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Okay, that makes sense. Is there a way to include individual years in the hints? What I want is the header to say St. Andrews. Then the hints under it to be the years, say 1946, 1978, 2004, etc.

metashades

Jul 16, 2014, 12:14:45 AM7/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Yes, you can put your hints in the Extra Info column.

metashades

Jul 16, 2014, 12:17:52 AM7/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

To clarify, you can put your years in the Extra Info column, and your header in the Hints column :)

Matt Wurzburger

Jul 16, 2014, 12:18:28 AM7/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Makes sense. That should get me through this. Thank you for the help.

metashades

Jul 16, 2014, 12:25:36 AM7/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

You're welcome, good luck with your quiz.

Matt Wurzburger

Jul 16, 2014, 1:26:18 AM7/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
One last bug that I'm going to bother you about. Right now I have "Grouped Answers with Same Hint" set to 2 columns, but I have a few hints with multiple columns. For example: Carnoustie has four different columns, and Muirfield has three. What am I doing wrong here and how do I get all headings under the same column?

metashades

Jul 16, 2014, 10:02:15 AM7/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Two columns just means how many columns (headers) you want displayed on each row of the page. 2 is usually not enough. You might try setting it to 3 or 4 columns and see if that solves your problem. Other than that, try posting a test link here (just the url to the quiz you are working on when you hit Test Quiz), and someone will be able to help.