Spellcheck options

dukem...@hotmail.com

Apr 10, 2014, 10:02:09 AM4/10/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I just noticed when doing the quizzes spell checker options are no longer coming up (the red line under misspelled words that i can right click for options) Is this a change that has been made to the site or to my settings somehow

If it is a site wide change, I suggest changing it back as many people wish to teat their general knowledge not their spelling skills.

razorz

Apr 10, 2014, 11:22:25 AM4/10/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I believe it was unintentional, but buried in your post is one of the funniest and most ironic spelling errors I've seen.

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Apr 10, 2014, 11:33:14 AM4/10/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hahahaha yes. My general knowledge is certainly... provided with nutrients... at Sporcle

On Apr 10, 2014, at 11:22 AM, razorz <zst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe it was unintentional, but buried in your post is one of the funniest and most ironic spelling errors I've seen.

dukem...@hotmail.com

Apr 10, 2014, 7:00:55 PM4/10/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
lol point proven

survivor

Apr 11, 2014, 9:31:30 AM4/11/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
To give a partial answer to your question, the spell-checker you'd been seeing isn't a Sporcle feature; it's a feature of your browser, but the recent Sporcle website change somehow caused that to stop working.  I don't know the mechanics or how to fix it, but someone posted the same observation in a different thread.

John O'Brien

Apr 11, 2014, 11:57:48 AM4/11/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
We turned the browser spell check back on for the answer box, if you're still having problems let us know.

Thanks!
John
Message has been deleted

corndog

Apr 11, 2014, 5:15:37 PM4/11/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I may be alone in this opinion, but I think knowing how to spell a piece of trivia is part of knowing that piece of trivia.  Imagine if alternate spellings were accepted for our favorite landlocked Asian nation!  I'm not suggesting it be changed back (mostly for fear of revolt), and I could probably change the spellcheck settings on my browser, but I thought I would vocalize my thoughts.

Sinseerly,
corndog