Re: Deleting Comments!!

Message has been deleted

druhutch

Jun 1, 2013, 11:43:51 PM6/1/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'd definitely be against this, and I've made many comments that I regret. But if you were able to delete old stupid comments, then the other old comments pointing out how stupid your comment was wouldn't make any sense. And those comments, paired with the stupid comments, are really the best comments. It's better to just chuckle at your own naïve boneheadedness and be proud of how far you've come.

On Saturday, June 1, 2013 6:59:03 PM UTC-4, Jiangying9 wrote:
Is it just me, or do other users have comments that they wish they could delete but can't?  I know that we should think before commenting, but some comments I made a few years ago I wish I could delete.  Does anyone else feel this way?  Can I delete those comments???
-Jiangying9

iglew

Jun 2, 2013, 9:02:06 PM6/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm with Dru on this.  I've made some dumb comments that I wish I hadn't ... but it's good that comments are not deletable. It's like life:  We all make mistakes. Hopefully you can learn from them, but you can't erase them and pretend they never happened.

Zachary Huffman

Sep 24, 2015, 8:03:21 PM9/24/15
to Sporcle University
Anyone else find it ironic a comment was deleted here? Anyway, I like the ability to delete comments within an hour, in case you make spelling mistakes or something.