Add extra info to hidden answers

Scott B

May 24, 2014, 10:09:10 AM5/24/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I made a quiz with an answer that I want hidden because it is incorrect for now, but won't remain that way for long, but I wanted to educate them on why that is so AND I don't want to take guessing chances away from them (there are 7 right answers, but if they guess this answer, I don't want them to have only 6 more opportunities to answer the rest). How do I do this? Thank you for the help.

DesertSpartan

May 24, 2014, 7:06:20 PM5/24/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
If it is a classic quiz.  You can make it a bonus answer and then don't check the box that says bonus answers count as wrong answers.

Scott B

May 24, 2014, 10:21:42 PM5/24/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Could you  explain how to do that? Because I can hide it but in order for it to stay hidden and not count to the stats I can't add the info I want.

Answer                                 Extra

The answer                         ee  (Extra information follows)

^That is something I am going for but can't get to work.

survivor

May 24, 2014, 10:54:26 PM5/24/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Scott, if you want a bonus answer to display added information, you can't put the added information anywhere in the third column because that column needs to consist solely of "ee" (without the quotes) so that line can be recognized as a bonus answer.  However, you can put the added information in the center column along with the answer (as a text explanation, worded however you like), then put a slash followed by the bonus answer all by itself.  Typing the bonus answer will cause the text explanation to appear.  See the image below for an example, in a hypothetical quiz about listing the monarchies in Asia:

I assume you're doing this in a Classic quiz, and make sure the box for "Bonus/Hidden answers become wrong answers" is NOT checked on the Options page.

Charging Tiger

May 24, 2014, 10:54:31 PM5/24/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
It might be helpful if you posted a test link here. I'd to like to try and help, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what the question is.

DesertSpartan

May 24, 2014, 11:13:40 PM5/24/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I don't know what your quiz is, but here would be an example.  Say the quiz was name the largest cities in Michigan

The answer column would say  Michigan once claimed Toledo but lost the city to Ohio/Toledo   The third column would say ee

If one typed Toledo, the quiz would display: Michigan once claimed Toledo but lost the city to Ohio

If there was a different question for each quiz you would have to type the exact sme question for the right and wrong answer;

This quiz counts wrong answers as wrong, but has the long explanation and then/N (or S)

http://www.sporcle.com/games/DesertSpartan/other-thanquestions-for-entertainers

Scott B

May 25, 2014, 4:56:36 AM5/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, this was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Cheers.

Scott B

May 25, 2014, 4:58:49 AM5/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Charging Tiger and DesertSpartan for your help as well.