More than one right answer

Alan Johnson

Sep 16, 2015, 3:23:50 PM9/16/15
to Sporcle University

Let's say I had a classic quiz in which a question is asked twice, there are two right answers, and I want both of them. In my quiz, I am looking for people to match 24 countries (answers) with 24 numbers (questions). However, some of the numbers are not unique. For example, for the number 4, the correct answers are Portugal and Russia. As it is now, the answer for the first 4 is Portugal and the second is Russia (alphabetical order). I would like the user to be able to answer these two in either order - Russia/Portugal or Portugal/Russia - but not be able to answer Portugal/Portugal or Russia/Russia should they only be able to think of one country.

Is there a solution to my problem?

geshmonkey

Sep 16, 2015, 3:36:29 PM9/16/15
to Sporcle University
I reckon you'd either be best having two question/answers for each question (and keep alphabetical order in each pair consistent) or make the player enter both per question.

I can't think of what question would have those two countries as answers, so maybe this:

1. What are the Easternmost and Westernmost countries in Europe? Portugal
2. What are the Easternmost and Westernmost countries in Europe? Russia

or

1. What are the Easternmost and Westernmost countries in Europe? Portugal and Russia/russia portugal/Portugal russia

If they need only enter one,
1. What is the Easternmost or Westernmost country in Europe? Russia and Portugal/Russia/portugal

Hope that helps!

Alan Johnson

Sep 16, 2015, 3:38:54 PM9/16/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm....it would have helped if I had included a link to my quiz.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/vegemighty/rugby-world-cup-games

geshmonkey

Sep 16, 2015, 3:48:04 PM9/16/15
to Sporcle University
Right, okay.
 In this case you might just have to leave a note saying that if there are multiple answers for a number then they'll be in alphabetical order.
OR
You could un-group answers by hint and then for each have a number of games and starting letter, although that'd change the kind of quiz it is.
So like:
1.        43 (F)                     France
2.        43 (N)                     New Zealand
3.        41 (A)                     Australia
4.        40 (E)                     England
and so on...
And then you can still keep the quiz as forced order and I don't it'd be half bad.

geshmonkey

Sep 16, 2015, 3:49:12 PM9/16/15
to Sporcle University
*I don't think it'd be half bad.

Alan Johnson

Sep 16, 2015, 3:50:22 PM9/16/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I think I'll go with the former option. The latter would make it way too easy for people who follow the sport.

Thanks for your help!