Grid-snap not working?

Chenchilla

Aug 17, 2014, 4:23:33 PM8/17/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

I'm working on a map quiz that has an array of Pokemon lined up and I want to keep the answers in each row lined up.

There's an option in the edit map page called grid-snap which automatically aligns all answers to a grid, thus lining the answers. However, every time I try to use this function, it doesn't save properly and the quiz reverts back to the previous way it was saved.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? I know it's not the most commonly used option in quiz-making, though. Maybe it's a bug that needs to be fixed

Here's a link to the quiz in case anyone wants it. It's still in test mode though, so not everyone can use it.

Michael

Aug 17, 2014, 4:33:36 PM8/17/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
When mic747, Mateo56 and I did our Pokémon maps, we didn't like how the grid-snap option worked... although it was more because the grid didn't really fit on to our images in the right positions, and not that it didn't save our placement.

I just tested out the grid-snap button... after I clicked it, I saw a note 'Changes saved' that then faded out (screenshot below). But indeed, it doesn't actually save those changes.

save.png

JoeBeta

Aug 17, 2014, 4:43:40 PM8/17/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
The grid-snap has never worked for me in a satisfactory way or in a way that I might actually want to use. It was always best to physically drag and place things one at a time by hand. I looked at your own quiz. It looks perfectly fine as it is now.

Chenchilla

Aug 17, 2014, 6:13:52 PM8/17/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I manually touched it up a little and released it. I suppose I just wanted everything to be neat and aligned. Thanks for the responses :)