Question about challenges

segacs

Apr 12, 2015, 1:53:45 AM4/12/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed that challenges issued by some users have their scores displayed, while ones from other users display with a hidden score shown as a question mark until the other player finishes it. Is this a setting someplace? Or is it random?

I'm just curious because I typically decline "impossible" challenges that look like they were earned by someone cheating. With the question marks, it's really hard to tell which these are.

Charging Tiger

Apr 12, 2015, 11:30:03 PM4/12/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I am not certain, but I believe the question mark means the other user actually has not played the quiz yet.

segacs

Apr 13, 2015, 4:14:12 PM4/13/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Pretty sure that's not it, because if I play one of those quizzes, I get the win/loss and the other user's result reported right away.

Michael

Apr 13, 2015, 4:37:43 PM4/13/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
If you click 'Challenge' before you've registered a score already -- then a '?' challenge will be sent to your opponent. If you do the quiz first, then your opponent will see that result right away and the win/loss. If they do the quiz first before you do, then you will also see a '?' until you do the quiz.

segacs

Apr 14, 2015, 10:50:21 AM4/14/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Aha. That makes sense. Thanks.

LisaSimpsonOH

Apr 15, 2015, 11:04:32 AM4/15/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
On a related note, is there a way to decline an impossible challenge and still play the quiz?  I get challenges from players who get scores like 12 answers in 6 seconds, which is insane (I think they play anonymously until they ace the quiz, then challenge other players - very tacky).  The thing is, some of these look like fun quizzes, but when I decline them, I can't find them anymore.

guilherme_4

Apr 15, 2015, 11:45:47 AM4/15/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Just open the quiz in another tab (ctrl+click) and decline the challenge in the current tab.

LisaSimpsonOH

Apr 15, 2015, 12:23:25 PM4/15/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!  That works.