How to make a correct answer end the quiz

etu...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2013, 4:28:01 PM11/12/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I am making a classic quiz where there is one ultimately correct answer and you have to guess other questions to get hints. How do I make that one correct answer end the quiz without marking all unanswered boxes as wrong?

Mateo56

Nov 12, 2013, 4:29:58 PM11/12/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
By the sounds of it, you want to accept the answer you want to end the quiz as an alternative answer for every answer. That way, everything ends up answered and the quiz ends.

etu...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2013, 4:36:10 PM11/12/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Ahhh, didnt even think of that. Thank you!

TheCleverone

Nov 12, 2013, 4:45:38 PM11/12/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
If you need any further help, then copy and paste the test link here, so we can have a look at it, or many of us have our e-mails on our profile pages (just search our names on Sporcle)

etu...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2013, 3:49:00 PM11/14/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Trying to fix some of the issues on this one. I have the wrong answer ends quiz option on, but is there any way to make the correct answers show once the game ends?

etu...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2013, 3:58:09 PM11/14/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
any additional suggestions on how to make it better are much appreciated!

Erin R

Nov 14, 2013, 5:21:31 PM11/14/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I can't really help you, as my knowledge of Disney extends only to the fact that it was founded by Walt and may or may not have made Toy Story. However, if you try dolebanana[at]gmail.com he should be able to help you significantly with the finer points. As for concept and design - I like it!

On 14 Nov 2013, at 20:49, etu...@gmail.com wrote:

Trying to fix some of the issues on this one. I have the wrong answer ends quiz option on, but is there any way to make the correct answers show once the game ends?

Mateo56

Nov 14, 2013, 6:00:46 PM11/14/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
My first quizzes were the most basic you could ever find. I can only really admire the fact that you've thrown yourself in at the deep end and have made something very elaborate!

Unfortunately you've already stumbled on an aspect of certain quizzes we as quizmasters can do nothing about. Namely, when you have the "Bonus answers become wrong answers" option selected, there is no way of showing the correct answers people don't get, even if somebody "blows up".

There are two ways of addressing this. On option is to  turn off the "Wrong answers end the quiz" option, allowing the user to play through despite wrong answers and ideally complete the quiz, therefore seeing all the answers they got correct and incorrect. The other is to embrace the fact that the wrong answers won't be shown when a user blows up, and to also select "Force answers in order and hide next clue", making the quiz what we refer to on Sporcle as a "bunker". This means that NEITHER answer nor the third column will be shown when they blow up, ideally with the answer thinking "well I've got this far, so I'll have another go!". Some won't but you'll find a large proportion will.

If you choose the second option, it would be desirable for you to leave some sort of message for the user saying that it's a wrong answer other than the quiz ending. If we take your first question where the correct answer is "Yes" and the wrong answer is "No". Therefore currently if the user enters no, they will be presented with "No" and the quiz ending. This could be improved by entering something like "Oops! Try again/No". Here's the "No" is an alternative answer that results in the message before the / being displayed. In the same way, you can have a congratulatory message for correct answers, which can lead to the reply you've written.

Like Erin before as I don't know a lot about the content, I can't help you much with that. I hope this was of some help anyway, and I'll keep a look out to see how it goes!