Bonus answers on a slot machine quiz

lskl...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2014, 10:35:28 AM9/22/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all,

Very recently started publishing quizzes, and having a great time!

I've got a couple of questions involving a slot machine quiz. This is a format I've enjoyed playing on the site, and after a lot of experimentation I finally figured out how it all works and got it together. Here is the quiz:

So my first question, and I've not seen this done on other slot machine quizzes, is a bonus answer. I understand that bonus answers need to come at the end of the data. But what if I have a bonus answer that I would want to appear at the bottom of one of the sections you see in the quiz that isn't the last section? Is this possible? I had hoped that if I alphabetized all the players from all the sections that everything would still be grouped correctly, but I can tell from experimenting that I can't do it (that is, all data must be grouped together and alphabetized within the group; if I mix up the groups and alphabetize all players mixed together then I get many many sub-groups). So I assume if I placed a bonus answer at the very end of the quiz, then it would be in its own section, and not grouped together with the relevant section. Is there a way to accomplish this?

I hope that all was decipherable, lol.

On another question, this is more along the lines of general quiz wisdom: are there any strategies for finding the right amount of time? Is there some etiquette for adjusting time as early plays come in?

Thanks for any wisdom you might have!

Bazmerelda

Sep 22, 2014, 11:16:09 AM9/22/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can have bonus answers appear at the end of any section - just use the relevant heading in the Hint column of your data.

So at the bottom of your data, in row 137 you could have something like this:

AL MVP (1980's)             Some Bonus Text/Bonus Answer                 ee

and the bonus text will be visible at the bottom of the AL MVP (1980's) column.

lskl...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2014, 12:04:56 PM9/22/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Oh, that did work after all, and perfectly! Thanks, I should have just tried it, lol.