(Clickable) I can't see the answers when finishing

Matias Lq

Jan 27, 2014, 8:02:05 AM1/27/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

I am trying to make a quiz where you have to match countries in Hungarian and English. When the quiz finishes it is not possible to see the right answers, and instead of marking the right answers when mouse over, the box shakes, as if it was a wrong answer.

Any thoughts?
Message has been deleted

ChargingTiger

Jan 27, 2014, 10:54:56 AM1/27/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Could you provide us with a link to the quiz?

geshmonkey

Jan 27, 2014, 11:44:30 AM1/27/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
That might be the same issue as the one a few threads ago, where starting with foreign (e.g Hungarian) characters, throws off the answers.
Maybe if you add one of those invisible Unicode spaces it'll work?

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/chars/spaces.html

Matias Lq

Jan 27, 2014, 12:06:32 PM1/27/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Where should I put the invisible space? There are no words starting with foreign characters; the game is here:

Thanks for your help!

Mic747

Jan 27, 2014, 12:22:47 PM1/27/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
That's really weird, the quiz works perfectly fine, until it ends. Then only a few answers show up as being right.
It's probably a good idea to report it  via feedback or report game.

geshmonkey

Jan 27, 2014, 1:01:19 PM1/27/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
At the start of the answer box, eg...

Hint. ||| Answer. ||| Extra
Dánia. ||| Denmark. |||
(here)Éstorgiagagagag... ||| Estonia. |||

Just do that for the ones which start with non-English characters, or all of them if you want to keep alphabetical order.

DesertSpartan

Jan 27, 2014, 2:04:05 PM1/27/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
What is even weirder, is that I took it twice and it works on every answer that I get right, including some that I got wrong the one time and right the other.  FWIW, I love the quiz and sure hope it gets released.

Matias Lq

Jan 27, 2014, 2:58:24 PM1/27/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I did add the "invisible space", but it didn't work. Adding a "normal" space doesn't help either. Any ideas?