Gone on Safari

1 view

Doug Kaye

Nov 1, 2009, 1:04:14 AM11/1/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com
It's going to be quiet here for a few weeks. My wife and I are leaving tomorrow (Sunday) for a three-week photo safari in Kenya, returning 11/22. I think the site is fairly stable, but if it looks like the site crashes, tell Sysadmin Tim at mum...@oneofus.org.

Thanks.

   ...doug

Les Booth

Nov 1, 2009, 1:48:45 PM11/1/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com
Doug -  enjoy!  You will love the 'tour'.  Do take pix - plenty of pix.  The SW world is in able hands.  Have fun.

les

Ken Kennedy

Nov 1, 2009, 9:39:35 PM11/1/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com
Have a great time, Doug!
--
Ken Kennedy
Contact info: http://kenzoid.com/me/contact

Doug Kaye

Nov 1, 2009, 10:58:08 PM11/1/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately my wife became sick a week ago. She was getting better but at the last minute this morning decided she was too sick to travel. You wouldn't believe how much Virgin Atlantic wanted to reschedule the flights between SFO and Nairobi and back. The change would cost more than the entire trip. So as soon as she feels better (hopefully within 48 hours) we'll be flying from SFO through Calgary, then who-knows-where to London, maybe from there to Amsterdam and eventually Nairobi. Hopefully the doctor will give her good news and some magical cure. At least it's not H1N1, just a bronchial infection. Hopefully no pneumonia.

Hoping to leave Tuesday morning. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

   ...doug

Les Booth

Nov 1, 2009, 11:49:14 PM11/1/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com
Yikes!  Sorry to hear your wife is that sick.  ". \  Rotten all around.  Hope y'all have a great turn-around and can enjoy the trip.  Being sick on a trip .. is no fun 't'all !  Nope!

Take care -