Major Change

Doug Kaye

Sep 20, 2009, 11:16:13 AM9/20/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com, spokenw...@googlegroups.com
I just rolled out a major change to SpokenWord.org, and although I've
tested it as well as possible on the development server, it's quite
likely that there are undiscovered bugs on the live site. Please keep
your eyes open and let me know what I broke.

Changed: A program can now be linked to more than one feed.
Previously, if we scanned a feed and found a program already in our
database but linked to another feed, we ignored that program. Now we
link it the the new feed in addition to the original one.

Thanks.

...doug

Doug Kaye, Executive Director
The Conversations Network
A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit
do...@rds.com
v: 415.868.5461
twitter: dougkaye
facebook.com/doug.kaye

Ken Kennedy

Sep 20, 2009, 1:39:29 PM9/20/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com, spokenw...@googlegroups.com
Doug, that's fantastic! I'll let you know if I find any issues...this lets me at least start to test using SW as my podcatcher backend "for real"! That was ultimately my biggest concern with respect to trying that.
--
Ken Kennedy
Contact info: http://kenzoid.com/me/contact

Doug Kaye

Sep 20, 2009, 4:08:03 PM9/20/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com, spokenw...@googlegroups.com
Today's update has caused some major performance problems due to
inefficient SQL that didn't show up on the development server, where
there are fewer database records.

RSS and APIs are disabled at the moment, and you'll probably see
frequent failures of the web site for the rest of the day.