Feeds not working

Bruce Sharpe

Jun 26, 2009, 1:01:37 PM6/26/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com
I subscribe to My Queue in iTunes. I set it up a while ago with just
two feeds and added another feed yesterday. A couple of weeks ago one
of the feeds stopped coming through to iTunes. And now it seems the
second one has stopped too. When I go to the External Feeds tab only
the feed I put in yesterday is there.

Did I forget that I deleted the other feeds or something? I don't
think so. Is there any reason they would have been dropped?

I was about to start fixing it up but I thought maybe I should leave
it alone for debugging purposes. Let me know if there is any forensic
work you want to do on it. If not, I'll just edit it and keep an eye
on what I'm doing and what happens.

Bruce

Doug Kaye

Jun 26, 2009, 3:24:42 PM6/26/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com
Did you check the feeds directly, Bruce, to determine that they're
actually working? I know that mine are.

I believe that iTunes will abandon a subscription if you don't listen
to at least one program over some period of time. And I further
believe that's configurable. Somewhere.

I'd be concerned if the feed itself (from rss.spokenword.org) wasn't
working, so let me know if that's the case by all means.

Thanks.

...doug

Doug Kaye, Executive Director
The Conversations Network
A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit
do...@rds.com
v: 415.453.1400
twitter: dougkaye
facebook.com/doug.kaye

Bruce Sharpe

Jun 26, 2009, 3:31:52 PM6/26/09
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com
The missing feeds still work because I added them into iTunes when
they stopped coming in from SpokenWord. Also the feed from
rss.spokenword.org works because the feed I added recently shows up in
iTunes.

The problem seems to be that the first two feeds disappeared from my
collection on SpokenWord. Are there any circumstances in which that
can happen, other than the user deleting them manually?

Bruce