Site not working

gbennett

May 5, 2009, 6:54:33 PM5/5/09
to SpokenWord.org iTunes-Link Utility
Hi Doug,

So for I'm unable to really use the site. Under Firefox (latest
version 3.0.1.0) I see "The requested URL does not exist on this
server." where the subscribe button should be. Under IE I see the
button, but I doesn't really do anything. I never get a subscription
list.

I like the desktop application idea since it has a better chance to
work. Will it be an AIR application? I'd also love to be able to burn
CD's.

If you could manage a mp3 player too then maybe I could ditch iTunes
which I'm very passionate about hating.

P.S. I'm on Windows XP sp3. I also have a mac and for this service
I'll probably switch over the there.

Good luck with your venture.
Glenn

Doug Kaye

May 6, 2009, 12:40:08 AM5/6/09
to spokenwo...@googlegroups.com
Glenn, I think you're probably running a pop-up blocker under FF. If
you enable SpokenWord.org in that plugin, it should work okay. The
Subscribe button is an Ajax call back to our servers, and your blocker
is probably stripping out the 'referring URL' that we need.

I think you misunderstand the 'desktop application'. What we're
talking about is a client-side app that links iTunes to the
SpokenWord.org web site. It has no UI to speak of. See the ReadMe.txt
file in the Files section of the Google Group.

As far as MP3 players, there's one on every page that has an MP3 file.
Hopefully you'll see that when you allow our site to get past that pop-
up blocker.

And if the pop-up blocker turns out not to be the problem, let me know
and we'll figure it out.

Thanks.

...doug

Doug Kaye, Executive Director