Re: SpokenWord.org Curation

Doug Kaye

Oct 6, 2010, 8:03:18 AM10/6/10
to Howard Silverman, spokenwor...@googlegroups.com
(Moving this discussion to the public group...)

Unfortunately we can't add categories. We use the same categories as iTunes. Why? Because those are the categories specified by Apple for the <category> tags in RSS feeds. More than 95% of the programs that come into the system have those categories specified in the RSS feeds they come from.

Use the "tags" (keywords) as the best way to categorize your curations.

   ...doug

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 2:04 AM, Howard Silverman <how...@ecotrust.org> wrote:
Doug,

Is it possible to add another category? None of them describe the collection i have in mind, on *sustainability*-related programs.

How about this suggestion, to match the style of the other categories:
Society & Ecology

Regards,
Howard Silverman