Curation Update

Doug Kaye

Oct 12, 2010, 3:30:33 PM10/12/10
to spokenwor...@googlegroups.com
Between the distractions of photographing the Blue Angels in San Francisco and attending 18 movies at the Mill Valley Film Festival, it has been (and will continue to be) a slow week for SpokenWord.org progress. But I have managed to update the wiki page to incorporate all the feedback received to date: http://wiki.conversationsnetwork.org/wiki/SpokenWord.org:Curation Note that you can "subscribe" to this page to get updates via email.

We have seven of you bold early adopters (http://www.spokenword.org/curations), and your feedback to date has been invaluable. Here's a bit of a roadmap for where we go from here:

1. The next step is to feature active curations on the SpokenWord.org homepage. That's what I'm working on right now. I hope to have it on the live site in a day or two.

2. After that I plan to tackle a rewrite of the notorious /member page, which will make it easier to get to your curations and solve a few other problems.

3. Along the way I have a few other bugs that need to be fixed. Some aren't related to curations.

4. By then we should have received your feedback about the homepage display of curations and we can make another pass on improving that.

5. At that point (perhaps by mid-November) we should be able to start publicizing your curations and recruit more curators.

    ...doug

Doug Kaye, Executive Director
The Conversations Network
A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit