Date Published for programs

Miel

Nov 14, 2009, 7:41:18 AM11/14/09
to SpokenWord.org APIs
Hi,

On SpokenWord.org, when you look at the page for a feed, there is a
column "Published".

I would like to see this as a field in the program object of the API.
I now sort by recordingDate, but that's actually just a proxy for the
date on which the program was published.

Thanks, regards, Miel.

Doug Kaye

Nov 20, 2009, 8:41:42 AM11/20/09
to spokenw...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Miel.

I've been off-line in Kenya for the past three weeks. I will be back in the office next week and will catch up with all your messages. Thanks so much for your interest in our APIs.

   ...doug

Miel Bronneberg

Nov 20, 2009, 9:55:42 AM11/20/09
to spokenw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doug,

Great! Welcome back. Looking forward to your answers.

Regards, Miel.

Doug Kaye

Dec 19, 2009, 10:16:27 AM12/19/09
to spokenw...@googlegroups.com
Per Miel's request, I have added a "pubDate" property to the "program" object such as returned by the /program method. It should have been there to begin with, of course. Note that this value comes from the <pubDate> element in RSS feeds and that not all feeds include that value.

The API documentation has been updated.

   ...doug

Miel Bronneberg

Dec 19, 2009, 3:31:33 PM12/19/09