Objects as elements within arrays are (not) named.

Miel

Nov 7, 2009, 6:04:01 AM11/7/09
to SpokenWord.org APIs
Hi,

According to the API Overview "Objects as elements within arrays are
not named." An example is provided:

"collections":[
{
"collectionId":"3",

But when I request a feed, I get the following array of programs:

"programs":[
{"program":
{"programId":"177319",

I certainly prefer the no-name version.

Regards, Miel.

PS I'm sending my comments to this newsgroup, but I noticed there's
also a uservoice page. Where do you prefer to get feedback? (Shouldn't
one of the two be abolished?)

Miel

Nov 8, 2009, 9:40:54 AM11/8/09
to SpokenWord.org APIs
On Nov 7, 12:04 pm, Miel <embro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "programs":[
>     {"program":
>         {"programId":"177319",
>
> I certainly prefer the no-name version.

I can add to this that until now this only happened for a feed
request. In a collection the list of programs is presented like this:

"programs":[
{
"programId":"854811",

which is what I'd expect.

I noticed another slight discrepancy between the overview and the
actual JSON: in the JSON a feed's id is called "id", which should be
"feedId" according to the overview.

Regards, Miel.

Doug Kaye

Nov 24, 2009, 11:00:56 PM11/24/09
to SpokenWord.org APIs
Hi, Miel.

1. This is actually the best place for these discussions (as opposed
to the Uservoice tool) since it's where most of the API users can join
in.

2. As for the named/un-named objects, I'll check into it more
carefully. The guiding principal is to make the JSON match the future
XML version. That allows us to code once for both and hopefully avoid
bugs or differences from one version to the other.

...doug

Doug Kaye, Executive Director
The Conversations Network
A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit