/search change

Doug Kaye

Sep 21, 2009, 2:57:40 PM9/21/09
to spokenw...@googlegroups.com
The good news is that SpokenWord.org now allows a program to be
associated with more than one feed. The bad news is that this makes it
unreasonable to support the ?group= argument to the /search method.
The idea of ?group= was that you could ask for a list of programs but
only one per feed. Splitting the mapping of programs to feeds off to a
separate table require an SQL JOIN that's way too slow. Your solution
is to request programs using /search and eliminate programs from the
same feed at your end rather than at the server. FWIW, I've got to do
the same on our site. This is a key feature of how we display lists of
programs using tags and categories.

I have re-enabled the APIs, so everything should be working. I've also
updated the documentation to show the deprecation of the ?group=
argument.

I'm also considering extending the /program method so that you can get
the additional feeds associated with a program. At the moment, you
only get the 'first' one.

...doug

Doug Kaye, Executive Director
The Conversations Network