http://api.spokenword.org/member.json: current member info for BasicAuth user

Thilo Planz

Aug 19, 2010, 6:41:42 AM8/19/10
to SpokenWord.org APIs
Hi,

is it possible to call http://api.spokenword.org/member.json using
BasicAuth with the remote key and get the user info for the current user?

All I am getting is an error, but from the error message I can see that
the implicit memberId was correctly derived from the username and remote
key:

[{"code":400,"error":"Object ID must be a positive integer (received
'')","request":"http:\/\/api.spokenword.org\/member.json","authMethod":"basic","memberId":"208","username":"thiloplanz","remoteKey":"xxxx"}
]

The API works fine for an explicit memberId (but I do not know the
memberId at that point).
http://api.spokenword.org/member/208.json

Cheers,

Thilo

Doug Kaye

Aug 20, 2010, 7:26:00 PM8/20/10
to spokenw...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Thilo. I'm traveling at the moment, but wil try and look into this
in the next few days.

...doug

Doug Kaye

Aug 23, 2010, 5:29:28 PM8/23/10
to spokenw...@googlegroups.com
I'll be home on September 1 and should be able to do this a few days
thereafter.

...doug

Ken Kennedy

Aug 26, 2010, 9:51:26 AM8/26/10
to spokenw...@googlegroups.com
FYI, Doug, it looks like the spokenword site is down:

http://www.spokenword.org/

debug: An error has occured in our application. Please report to sup...@spokenword.org.
--
Ken Kennedy
Contact info: http://kenzoid.com/me/contact

Doug Kaye

Aug 26, 2010, 2:37:58 PM8/26/10
to spokenw...@googlegroups.com
Database server is getring clobbered. Still trying to complete the move to AWS. Thanks, Ken.

   ...doug

Doug Kaye

Sep 2, 2010, 4:08:56 PM9/2/10
to spokenw...@googlegroups.com
I've changed the semantics of the /member method. I've done what Thilo requested, but this meant disabling a previous functionality. See the documentation: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfstbcg_4djzxbkfd

Let me know if it works or if the disabled functionality will be missed.

    ...doug

Doug Kaye, Executive Director
The Conversations Network
A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit
twitter: dougkaye

Thilo Planz

Sep 3, 2010, 3:07:13 AM9/3/10
to spokenw...@googlegroups.com
> I've changed the semantics of the /member method. I've done what Thilo
> requested, but this meant disabling a previous functionality. See the
> documentation: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfstbcg_4djzxbkfd
>
> <http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfstbcg_4djzxbkfd>Let me know if it works or
> if the disabled functionality will be missed.

Thanks, works great.
I am getting close to being able to add to collections from my iPod.

About the previous function that was disabled, do you mean
"accessing the /member from within a browser to get your remote key"
(which is still mentioned in the docs)?

If someone missing it, we could put it back in under a different url.
But because of cross-site scripting restrictions in browsers
(and also because of security concerns), it is probably better to
have the user copy/paste his remote key into apps manually
(which I admit is a pain on an iPod).

Thilo

Doug Kaye

Sep 3, 2010, 12:19:43 PM9/3/10
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Thilo Planz <thilo...@googlemail.com> wrote:

About the previous function that was disabled, do you mean
"accessing the /member from within a browser to get your remote key"
(which is still mentioned in the docs)?

 Aha! I had edited part of the documentation but missed that section. Yes, the API no longer supports special responses for browser-based requests. The documentation has been corrected.

   ...doug