Android Studio integration

Brian Titus

Aug 10, 2017, 12:44:31 PM8/10/17
to Spock Framework - User
Thank you for looking into my question.

From all of the reading I've done, it doesn't seem that you can go into Tools -> SDK Manager , then on the SDK Update Sites tab, add a URL for Spock.  I saw a post from 2015 where it was said to use https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots.  I didn't try it.

I downloaded the spock-master.zip, unzipped, and ran a "gradlew clean build".  I copied the jar files, currently:
 spock-core-1.2-SNAPSHOT-groovy-2.4.jar
 spock-core-1.2-SNAPSHOT-groovy-2.4-javadoc.jar
 spock-core-1.2-SNAPSHOT-groovy-2.4-sources.jar
to my libs folder for my project.

 That's how I finally was able to go to Settings -> Project Structure, app, Dependencies and add a Test Compile entry for the spock-core jar from above.

 I am hoping there's an easier path.  I'd also like to make this addition to my Android Studio installation and not have to repeat it for each project.

 Is all of that necessary?  Is that how you're supposed to do it?  It seems like a lot of steps.  Many thanks, Brian

Leonard Brünings

Dec 3, 2017, 8:26:03 AM12/3/17
to Spock Framework - User
Spock is just a normal dependency so add it to your build gradle, see https://github.com/spockframework/spock-example/blob/master/build.gradle