Reliability of spmfilter.

nnathan

Oct 31, 2010, 4:34:24 AM10/31/10
to spmfilter users
Hi,

I just came across spmfilter. In the past I've configured mail servers
with amavis/spamassassin & clamav combination. It's a fairly hacky
solution which I'm glad this project addresses.

Seeing as there is little to no information on the spmfilter project,
I was wondering if it's production-ready. I would like to deploy it on
some new sites, but haven't had a full chance to test it.

Thanks.

Axel Steiner

Oct 31, 2010, 9:43:39 AM10/31/10
to spmfilt...@googlegroups.com
Hi

spmfilter is a fairly new project. It was first published in April this year,
so there is no big community yet :-(

We use spmfilter on several production servers already, with no big problems.
Early next year we will install spmfilter to about 1k mail servers, which
still use a older and not published version of spmfilter.

Although we do our best to make spmfilter as stable as possible, we can't
rule out possible bugs. I would recommend you, to install spmfilter on a
development system (or a VM) and do some tests before you install it on
production servers, to see if it fits your needs.

If you need more help, you are welcome to ask.

- Axel