ImportError: cannot import name Browser

William Lima

Jul 3, 2016, 12:50:15 PM7/3/16
to splinter-users
Good Morning,

I have a strange error, installed splinter as indicated on the page:

$ [Sudo] pip install splinter

Yesterday I made some test and was apparently all ok, but today with the script ready, my code can not do the import.
The following error message:

will @ will-VirtualBox: ~ / Documents $ sudo python splinter.py
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "splinter.py", line 2, in <module>

from splinter import Browser

File "/home/will/Documentos/splinter.py", line 2, in <module>

from splinter import Browser
ImportError: can not import name Browser

The strange thing is that the module is installed:

will @ will-VirtualBox: ~ / Documents $ sudo pip install splinter
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade) splinter in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): selenium> = 2.47.1 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from splinter)
Cleaning up ...

I need to change something in my workplace?