Splinter: DriverNotFoundError for zope.testbrowser

Teshan Nanayakkara

Aug 14, 2015, 8:26:52 AM8/14/15
to splinter-developers
I am using Python Splinter to automate a website and to scrape data from it. When I use the default browser mode which is keeping blank in Browser() it opens firefox and completes the written task but, when I use the headless browser 'zope.testbrowser', I get the following error. What should I need to do here?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "pysplinter.py", line 4, in <module>
    browser
= Browser('zope.testbrowser')

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/splinter/browser.py", line 62, in Browser

raise DriverNotFoundError("No driver for %s" % driver_name)
splinter
.exceptions.DriverNotFoundError: No driver for zope.testbrowser

Andrews Medina

Aug 15, 2015, 11:30:13 PM8/15/15
to splinter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Teshan,

To use zope.testbrowser you should have to install zope.testbrowser.
You can do it using the following command:

pip install splinter[zope.testbrowser]

Best regards,
> --

Andrews Medina
www.andrewsmedina.com

Teshan Nanayakkara

Aug 17, 2015, 2:34:20 AM8/17/15
to splinter-developers
Hi Andrew,

I have installed it the way you have mentioned earlier but I guess the problem still persist. Again I ran the line you have given and it says to run --upgrade.
Then I used "sudo pip install splinter[zope.testbrowser] --upgrade" command and after a long update process at the end it throws the following exception in red.

Anyway to fix this?

Exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip-1.5.6-py2.7.egg/pip/basecommand.py", line 122, in main
    status
= self.run(options, args)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip-1.5.6-py2.7.egg/pip/commands/install.py", line 283, in run
    requirement_set
.install(install_options, global_options, root=options.root_path)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip-1.5.6-py2.7.egg/pip/req.py", line 1439, in install
    requirement
.rollback_uninstall()

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip-1.5.6-py2.7.egg/pip/req.py", line 603, in rollback_uninstall

self.uninstalled.rollback()

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip-1.5.6-py2.7.egg/pip/req.py", line 1855, in rollback
    pth
.rollback()
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'rollback'

Storing debug log for failure in /home/teshan/.pip/pip.log

Andrews Medina

Aug 19, 2015, 2:19:23 PM8/19/15
to splinter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

your pip version is too old. Can you upgrade pip and try again? To
upgrade you can use: "pip install -U pip"

Tran the vinh

Feb 1, 2017, 3:28:58 AM2/1/17
to splinter-developers
I have to install zope.testtbrowser by "pip install splinter[zope.testbrowser] " but zope browser still dont work