SPLASH v1.11.1 released

1 view

Daniel Price

Oct 13, 2008, 7:21:45 PM10/13/08
to splash-...@googlegroups.com

Announcing the release of SPLASH v1.11.1

This update is highly recommended for ALL users. It corrects a bug/
issue which has bothered me for a long time - namely that the SPLASH
pixel map does not always line up with the pixel map on the PGPLOT
device, resulting in slight artefacts in the images produced. Now,
SPLASH determines the resolution automatically to exactly match the
device (this is now the default behaviour, can be overridden with a
manual pixel number selection). Also, the edges of the plot are set to
exactly lie on pixel boundaries, hopefully removing the "black lines"
sometimes found inside the colour bar on pixel plots.

The automatic resolution feature is really one of the main things in
v1.11.0 but I had disabled it as there were a few issues to be ironed
out.

Other features in v1.11.1 include the ability to render images without
having to store mass as a particle array (ie. can be read as a single
value for each particle type) and an option for one-sided ticks on
colour bars.

for full details visit http://www.maths.monash.edu.au/~dprice/splash

Regards,

Daniel