Re: Newsgroup changes/deletions

Frank Reichert

Oct 22, 2005, 11:02:48 PM10/22/05
Good evening again, Dave!

It seems you left out a couple of important details concerning
the dysfunctional uni-directional Kharma news server in handling
spk.liberty_nw traffic. I believe that ought to be noted here.

Dave Laird wrote, in part, to Large Marge...

> Yup. Enough was said. I no longer am in touch with Frank, nor he with
> me. I gave him two years of stuff for free and then he complained when
> the main line news servers got hamstrung during Katrina.
> Dave

Actually, as you know quite well, all of this uni-directional
flow of traffic has been an ongoing problem for the last couple
of YEARS, long before Katrina ever came about.

Additionally, you were the one who wrote me a couple of years ago
out of the clear blue sky, and volunteered to reintroduce
spk.liberty_nw.

The ONLY problem here is and has been your paranoia over not
being able to control what I and others chose to post on other
NNTP news server accounts, including supernews and
usenetserver.com. You chose to block such posting from reaching
the kharma news server, hence no bi-directional traffic existed.

You were even so paranoid as to block my own personal email
address from your system, which is uncalled for, since NO ONE
ELSE has found any problems with my email host for over a decade,
accept you. The real reason of course is that you wanted me to
use your server to configur and handle my mail, and since you
couldn't control that either, you pulled a bunch of crap that
created this current sordid mess.

Well live with it guy. This is a product of your own making, and
a figment of your own imagination.

Again, pointing out what the late Roger Erdman once explained to
me in private email, QUOTE: "Dave Laird is indeed a 'Legend in
his own mind'", UNQUOTE.

Kindest personal regards,
Frank

Dave Laird

Nov 1, 2005, 9:01:48 AM11/1/05
Good morning, Frank...

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:02:48 -0700, Frank Reichert wrote:
> The ONLY problem here is and has been your paranoia over not
> being able to control what I and others chose to post on other
> NNTP news server accounts, including supernews and
> usenetserver.com. You chose to block such posting from reaching
> the kharma news server, hence no bi-directional traffic existed.

As usual, Frank, you don't bother to get your facts straight; no such
paranoia exists. The fact is, I was working more than a few hours each day
desperately *trying* to get the return path working properly. I no longer
have to worry that, because the damage is done.

> You were even so paranoid as to block my own personal email address from
> your system, which is uncalled for, since NO ONE ELSE has found any
> problems with my email host for over a decade, accept you. The real
> reason of course is that you wanted me to use your server to configur
> and handle my mail, and since you couldn't control that either, you
> pulled a bunch of crap that created this current sordid mess.

I blocked your e-mail address over five years before for SPAM. I have had
and continue to have a zero-tolerance for mail servers that are used to
deliver SPAM to ANY of my domains, and each time I unblock it, the SPAM
begins again. What I did want you to do was get a mail account that at
least had someone handling abuse complaints.

Dave

--
Dave Laird (Da...@kharma.net)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random fortune for the Minute:
Never look up when dragons fly overhead.

Frank Reichert

Nov 2, 2005, 10:23:24 PM11/2/05
Good evening, Dave!

Dave Laird wrote to Frank Reichert...

As reported, by Dave, I probably previously wrote:
>>The ONLY problem here is and has been your paranoia over not
>>being able to control what I and others chose to post on other
>>NNTP news server accounts, including supernews and
>>usenetserver.com. You chose to block such posting from reaching
>>the kharma news server, hence no bi-directional traffic existed.

I probably DID write this, because historically, this has been
true, at least over the last couple of years since my return from
the Philippines.

However, you wrote:>
> As usual, Frank, you don't bother to get your facts straight; no such
> paranoia exists. The fact is, I was working more than a few hours each day
> desperately *trying* to get the return path working properly. I no longer
> have to worry that, because the damage is done.

Point is, Dave. The nebulous 'return path' hasn't worked very
well since you invited spk.liberty_nw back into the mainstream of
usenet news over TWO YEARS AGO! This entire experiment has been
a major disaster from the getgo! Again, permit me to explain
that mainstream servers have a relatively flawless interface
between themselves, e.g.: supernews and usenetserver; and kharma
has had one hell of a horrendous time interfacing with either of
them. My facts are correct. Kharma.net is dysfunctional. Your
server cannot, or will not, interface properly with the USENET
backbone, which is exactly why I jurked the email interface from
khamra.net for spk.liberty_nw last week. Pure and simple. It's
a done deal. Now, explain HOW you figure you can make this work
properly when other usenet backbone accounts seem to be able to
do it properly, regularly, and all the time?

I also allegedly wrote:
>>You were even so paranoid as to block my own personal email address from
>>your system, which is uncalled for, since NO ONE ELSE has found any
>>problems with my email host for over a decade, accept you. The real
>>reason of course is that you wanted me to use your server to configur
>>and handle my mail, and since you couldn't control that either, you
>>pulled a bunch of crap that created this current sordid mess.

To which you replied:

> I blocked your e-mail address over five years before for SPAM. I have had
> and continue to have a zero-tolerance for mail servers that are used to
> deliver SPAM to ANY of my domains, and each time I unblock it, the SPAM
> begins again. What I did want you to do was get a mail account that at
> least had someone handling abuse complaints.

This is a bunch of crap and you know it! My email address has
NEVER been a source for SPAM! I have maintained the same email
address for well over one decade or more! In fact, I probably
have one of the very best mail hosts that block spam than you
probably in your wildest dreams could imagine.

In short, you are playing a silly, control freak game. You, sir,
invited spk.liberty_nw back. I was the one, and ONLY one, who
coordinated that possibility via Bill Anderson's interface with
NNTP, and you have managed in the space of the last two years to
totally screw all of that up, all over your paranoid penchinct
for maintaining control over a dysfunctional USENET system!

In over more than a decade of NNTP intercourse, USED_KHARMA.NET
is by far the most dysfunctional server that I have ever had to
deal with on any level! That is a fact. NEWS.KHARMA.NET has no
functionality in terms of bi-directional capability, and it has
been proven to be dysfunctional in all respects.

Bill Anderson and myself set up satifactory gating procedures for
spk.liberty_nw.

The truth is here, folks, the gating broke down, only because of
the gating irregularities which have been ongoing over the past
several years with Dave Laird's news server. He has refused to
fix the problem, and probably is indeed the source for all such
gating problems and functions.

Kindest regards,
Frank

Dave Laird

Nov 3, 2005, 2:35:54 PM11/3/05
Good morning, Frank...

Frank Reichert wrote:

> The truth is here, folks, the gating broke down, only because of
> the gating irregularities which have been ongoing over the past
> several years with Dave Laird's news server. He has refused to
> fix the problem, and probably is indeed the source for all such
> gating problems and functions.

Then please explain to everyone how your message, posted to webusenet's
news server, ended up disturbing the tranquility at Kharma. Make certain
you include the full path statement of your original message. How did it
get here? You didn't post it on Kharma, but on webusenet. Please be brief.

Thank you.

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Da...@kharma.net)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random fortune for the Minute:

You teach best what you most need to learn.

Frank Reichert

Nov 4, 2005, 12:00:00 AM11/4/05
Good evening again, Dave!

I previously wrote:
>>The truth is here, folks, the gating broke down, only because of
>>the gating irregularities which have been ongoing over the past
>>several years with Dave Laird's news server. He has refused to
>>fix the problem, and probably is indeed the source for all such
>>gating problems and functions.

To which, you replied:

> Then please explain to everyone how your message, posted to webusenet's
> news server, ended up disturbing the tranquility at Kharma. Make certain
> you include the full path statement of your original message. How did it
> get here? You didn't post it on Kharma, but on webusenet. Please be brief.
> Thank you.

You'll have to excuse me here, because a couple of things are
pretty damn confusing.

Let's review what you just wrote, shall we?

1. The post above, which I made, was sent via usenetnews.com not
webusenet. I have a paid account with usenetnews.com, and have
never heard of webusenet in my entire life. Wondering why you
brought a provider into this equation that by all practical
explanations had nothing to do with the above correspondence.

2. You claim you have blocked all of my personally originated
messages coming into your network system by your firewall, and
other means to block traffic originating via my local ISP. If
this is the case, then blame your own blocking devices, because I
did not make any end run through your firewall through any of my
own devices at my disposal. Therefore, you should be asking
yourself the above question, and not me, since you claimed that
you have blocked out not only my ISP, but also my paid mail
provider and host, which is NETADDRESS.

Now, this raises yet a third and disturbing problem you seem to
have, namely:

3. Your selective way of claiming to block unwanted traffic, yet
somehow it ends up on your server anyway. Now THIS is really
interesting. I'm wondering exactly how this could have happened
at all, since you previously claimed to have shut down various
spk.* hierarchy forums on your own system, nevertheless, you seem
to be getting traffic from forums that no longer even supposedly
exist at all on your system!

Seems to me, you can't have it BOTH ways. Either you carry the
various spk.* hierarchy forums or you don't. Either you have
blocked me OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM entirely, or you haven't.

Now this raises yet another troubling problem, namely:

4. How is it anyway that my basic problem with your system has
always been that originated messages I sent to spk.liberty_nw via
my account with usenetserver.com almost NEVER migrated across to
you even when you allegedly had it supposedly up and running all
the time???? NOW, you suggest that this traffic is coming in
when you have deleted the majority of the spk.* hierarchy, AND
have placed a block on my originated traffic!

So, to answer your question as to how possibly I may have been
disturbing the tranquility at Kharma, I believe, sir, this is a
question you may have to ask yourself, since I never honestly
thought such a thing could be possible based upon your own
announcements of blocking my personal email, and eliminating me
from such a circumstance ever happening again.

Your above accusations tell me one thing however. You
selectively do receive traffic, likely all of it, but you
selective pick and choose what you wish to flow to the
newsgroups, and probably your own personal dla...@kharma.net
email account.

Which is why, in previous correspondence, I have suggested you
very well may be plagued with a severe case of paranoia. In any
case, why blame me for disturbing the tranquility at kharma when
you supposedly have taken the necessary steps to block out such
personal traffic, even eliminating the spk.* hierarchy forums in
which I participate.

Kindest regards,
Frank

Dave Laird

Nov 5, 2005, 9:42:49 AM11/5/05
Good morning Frank...

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:00:00 -0800, Frank Reichert wrote:
> 1. The post above, which I made, was sent via usenetnews.com not
> webusenet. I have a paid account with usenetnews.com, and have
> never heard of webusenet in my entire life. Wondering why you
> brought a provider into this equation that by all practical
> explanations had nothing to do with the above correspondence.

Take a look at the PATH statement, Frank.

> 2. You claim you have blocked all of my personally originated
> messages coming into your network system by your firewall, and
> other means to block traffic originating via my local ISP.

I block all your e-mail, Frank.

> 3. Your selective way of claiming to block unwanted traffic, yet
> somehow it ends up on your server anyway. Now THIS is really
> interesting. I'm wondering exactly how this could have happened
> at all, since you previously claimed to have shut down various
> spk.* hierarchy forums on your own system, nevertheless, you seem
> to be getting traffic from forums that no longer even supposedly
> exist at all on your system!

That's because it was cross-posted to the used_kharma.chat newsgroup which
I still carry. It also was cross-posted to spk.phoenix and spk.heartland,
as well. It would stand to reason it would reach me.

> Seems to me, you can't have it BOTH ways. Either you carry the various
> spk.* hierarchy forums or you don't. Either you have blocked me OUT OF
> YOUR SYSTEM entirely, or you haven't.

<evil laughter is heard> Try sending me an *e-mail* message, Frank. It
will end up in a holding folder that I rarely, if ever read. I still carry
a good-sized portion of the spk.* hierarchy, just not spk.liberty_nw.

> Your above accusations tell me one thing however. You selectively do
> receive traffic, likely all of it, but you selective pick and choose
> what you wish to flow to the newsgroups, and probably your own personal
> dla...@kharma.net email account.

That sort of paranoid semi-delusional raving is the very reason I dropped
spk.liberty_nw from my news server and from my life. I admit there have
been troubles getting propagation from world news servers BACK to Kharma.
I've spent nearly six months trying to rectify things, and as of as little
as a day ago, worked extensively with several upstream sites to rectify
and refine matters even further. I never ignored them. The truth is, the
reason I received your message is the problems are nearly fixed, although
we are still working on them.

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Da...@kharma.net)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random fortune for the Minute:

Government's Law:
There is an exception to all laws.

Frank Reichert

Nov 6, 2005, 3:04:33 AM11/6/05
Good evening again, Dave!

I previously wrote:
>>1. The post above, which I made, was sent via usenetnews.com not
>>webusenet. I have a paid account with usenetnews.com, and have
>>never heard of webusenet in my entire life. Wondering why you
>>brought a provider into this equation that by all practical
>>explanations had nothing to do with the above correspondence.

> Take a look at the PATH statement, Frank.

I did. 'Webusenet' is not in the Statement, and you already know
that, now don't you?

> I block all your e-mail, Frank.

Well, that wasn't necessarily your stated case about a week or 10
days ago, was it? You seem to relish the idea of blocking email
from trusted addresses, particularly when nevertheless they are
reliable and trusted addresses, when you have an axe to grind.

You DO need to know, that as of tonight, I am dropping my account
with usenetserver.com. This is the ONLY, and I mean ONLY, usenet
source on the usenet backbone that supports in any way
kharma.net! That means of course, that I will no longer be
visible on your fallacious set of paranoid controlled discussion
groups such as, but not limited to: used_kharma.chat and a host
of others. I will as of tonight, not communicate with any of
these groups any longer, period. They are gone, mainly because
on the usenet backbone, they don't exist anywhere anymore except
of course on your own feabile server that is of no consequence to
the rest of usenet.

So. Block away by old friend. You are certainly, most
certainly, blocking yourself into a hole of your own creation and
making, trust me! You, sir, dug the hold, jumped into the hole,
and will be buried into the hold, and that is your choice, not
mine.

> That's because it was cross-posted to the used_kharma.chat newsgroup which
> I still carry. It also was cross-posted to spk.phoenix and spk.heartland,
> as well. It would stand to reason it would reach me.

So. If you get real annoyed with me, why not simply axe
spk.heartland and spk.phoenix as well? You are hopelessly
paranoid my friend, and to do this the proper way, with all
expediency, just surround yourself with what you can finally
control, your own server. Block away to your hearts content.
Shut off anyone and everyone who might find a way to try and tell
you that YOU have a problem. No one else seems to have the same
problems as you perpetually do!

> <evil laughter is heard> Try sending me an *e-mail* message, Frank. It
> will end up in a holding folder that I rarely, if ever read. I still carry
> a good-sized portion of the spk.* hierarchy, just not spk.liberty_nw.

Exactly my point entirely! Thank you! Again, your choice. You
are paranoid Dave. You are the consummate of a control freak. As
Roger Erdman once wrote to me, you are indeed a 'legend of your
own mind', UNQUOTE. He was certainly right.

From my perspective, you are the greatest fence builder of sorts
that I have experienced in my own lifetime. That says a lot
after 57 years, now doesn't it? At least you got the 'Evil' part
right.

> That sort of paranoid semi-delusional raving is the very reason I dropped
> spk.liberty_nw from my news server and from my life. I admit there have
> been troubles getting propagation from world news servers BACK to Kharma.
> I've spent nearly six months trying to rectify things, and as of as little
> as a day ago, worked extensively with several upstream sites to rectify
> and refine matters even further. I never ignored them. The truth is, the
> reason I received your message is the problems are nearly fixed, although
> we are still working on them.

No. You got this entirely wrong, as usual. Spk.Liberty_NW was,
and perhaps may be entirely a viable forum, one in which YOU
wanted to control for your own purposes. When you couldn't
control it, you decided to sabbatoge it. And, sir, you have been
trying to do all of these things for over a decade or more.

To bring this just a bit closer to home, you are a delusional
manic 400 pound man that only wishes to participate on a scale in
which you have been proven to be outclassed. YOU sir, are NOT a
journalist and never have been a journalist. You have wrongfully
misrepresented yourself as an expert in terms of a technical and
experienced cyber knowledgeable technician to the detriment of a
lot of people, including Roger Erdman who saw through your deceit
and facade. You sir, are still a giant fraud.

In short, forgive my words. You are a sick bastard that, in
Roger Erdman's own words, worships yourself, as a person who
'might have been', but never were or possible could be!

You have, sir, managed to destroy yourself in your own degenerate
manner of destroying everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, who ever
wished to even try and be your friend. And in that, you are
truly disgusting.

As I wrote just earlier, this may perhaps be my last contact with
kharma.com as I am jerking my account with the last perhaps, feed
that still has anything whatsoever to do with you. Again, that
was YOUR choice, and certainly not mine to make.

Sincerely,
Frank